Thread: wireless connection - one or the other

mgmccaulla Guest

Default wireless connection - one or the other

I purchased ZA router for it's long-range transmitting properties, trying to allow I-net access for a new Gateway laptop 200 meters across an open field in the country, which has no direct phoneline to the computer.
    My base is a Gateway desktop (Vista)
    (first floor in an old frame farmhouse w/ plaster walls).I've wired the ZA router located in an upstairs window, with direct site-line to the laptop (Vista).I also have an Acer desktop (XP Pro) in the same upstairs room, also seen by the ZA router.My wireless adaptor on the Acer is a Netgear 108 mbps USB 2.0 adapter.
    ZA help sent a file changing my security to TKIP. I uploaded it to the router and the Gateway laptop immediately connected, but the Acer desktop disconnected.ZA help then sent another file, changing the security to "auto", and the Acer desktop connected, and for a time the Gateway laptop stayed connected.
    Since then I can connect the Acer desktop on "auto", but the laptop refuses to connect fully. It will say "connected with limited access", which is really no connection at all.
    I've set both the ZA router and the Netgear Wireless adapter (108 mbps) on the Acer to 802.11 b/g (11/54). If I try and set the Netgear to "Super g", an error message tells me XR and SuperG are not simultaneaously compatible.
    I don't know what other settings to try and change, but I have tried many options.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

Default Re: wireless connection - one or the other

Hi!this is a user suppot forum for ZA software firewalls, I am not sure you will find the answer unless another ZA router user is passing by.You may want to write directly to the ZA wireless router user forum:http://sofaware.infopop.cc/eve/forum...m/f/1231038134Also have a look to the ZA router support options, here:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&lang=enCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information