Thread: O&O Defrag not able to display ClusterView with ZoneAlarm installed...

tubeamped Guest

Default O&O Defrag not able to display ClusterView with ZoneAlarm installed...

Hi guys,

I recently purchased O&O Defrag 10 Pro, but can only use it properly with ZoneAlarm UN-INSTALLED. I have been working with O&O Tech Support and this was the last thing that I tried. I have re-installed ZoneAlarm (because I am paranoid LOL), but was wondering if anybody else had similar issues? There has got to be a setting that I can change somewhere. I am at a loss here - I really do not want to stop using either application. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Mike

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: O&O Defrag not able to display ClusterView with ZoneAlarm installed...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>TubeAmped wrote:
    Hi guys,

I recently purchased O&amp;O Defrag 10 Pro, but can only use it properly with ZoneAlarm UN-INSTALLED. I have been working with O&amp;O Tech Support and this was the last thing that I tried. I have re-installed ZoneAlarm (because I am paranoid LOL), but was wondering if anybody else had similar issues? There has got to be a setting that I can change somewhere. I am at a loss here - I really do not want to stop using either application. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Mike

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I use O&amp;O Defrag 10 Pro on WinXP with ZA Pro and Vista with ZASS for Vista.. with no problem..To Configure ZA to allow O&amp;O Defrag to run, you need to Click on Program Control in ZA Main Menu, the Click on the Program Tab..Look down the Alphabetical list of programs and highlite O&amp;O Defrag ( there may be more than one O&amp;O Defrag listed, that's OK)1.) Put Cursor under the TRUST Level column on the O&amp;O Defrag line and Left Click will brings up a popup Click on "Super" to put three Green bars on that line2.) Next on the same O&amp;O Defrag line move over to Access column and Left Clickon Allow to place two green check marks for Trusted and Internet Access3.) if there is more than one listing for O&amp;O Defrag do the same procedure for each listingNow bring up O&amp;O Defrag and enjoy..Here is a short list of Other Programs that may need the same thing done for them on Program control..----------------------------------Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft wand Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rightsc.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorere.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet and Send Mail all need Green check Marks..To get out of the ZA Menu Display Look at the TOP far Right corner there is a Small X, click on that X to turn OFF the ZA Menu..and you all set to Go..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070802035000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200708.2365AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tubeamped Guest

Default Re: O&O Defrag not able to display ClusterView with ZoneAlarm installed...

Thank you for the reply, but I did that and it still is not working. The program starts up, but no matter which partition I select it still says, &quot;ClusterView not available&quot; and will not perform any functions on the partition (it hangs up). I have set all of the recommended setting for the O&amp;O entries in the program control section of ZA. All I know is if I uninstall ZA, O&amp;O functions fine - there's got to be a way to make this work...

Thank you anyway, Mike

Thank you for the reply, but I did that and it still is not working. The program starts up, but no matter which partition I select it still says, "ClusterView not available" and will not perform any functions on the partition (it hangs up). I have set all of the recommended setting for the O&amp;O entries in the program control section of ZA. All I know is if I uninstall ZA, O&amp;O functions fine - there's got to be a way to make this work...

Thank you anyway, Mike
    <HR>When was the last time that you ran an MS CHKDSK (Check Disk) on the C drive..Defrag O&amp;O may be laying on a Bad Spot on your HD, or Defrag O&amp;O may be Corrupted?1.) to run Check Disk Left click on "MyComputer", Right Click on C: Drive this will pop up a window and scan down to the bottom and click "Properties"Then Click TOOLS and Click Check Now.. You will be asked to Reboot to start the Checkdisk in Fix problem mode..
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    GeorgeV

tubeamped Guest

Thank you, again, but I gave that a try as well - and no luck. I'm starting to think I need to try and get my money back for one of these. I don't understand why some can run the two together, but I cannot. It just doesn't make sense. I shouldn't have to uninstall my firewall software every time that I want to do a defrag - doesn't make sense. Still open to suggestions.

Later - Mike

Thank you, again, but I gave that a try as well - and no luck. I'm starting to think I need to try and get my money back for one of these. I don't understand why some can run the two together, but I cannot. It just doesn't make sense. I shouldn't have to uninstall my firewall software every time that I want to do a defrag - doesn't make sense. Still open to suggestions.

Later - Mike
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you for your Feedback..Hmmm.. since your running ZA Pro.. what other Security (AV/AS) System Mechanic, etc are you running..Some oth these programs have a Registry Gaurd that may be in conflict,
    GeorgeV

tubeamped Guest

I am just using Eset Nod32 Antivirus. Other than that, I cannot think of any other programs like that.

Later - Mike

Hi Mike

Not really familiar with O&O, but I will add a few ideas to this thread. Maybe something will work. Maybe not.

Cache Cleaner of the ZA Pro could be interferring. It does work itself into certain areas of the file system. Perhaps disabling the Cache Cleaner is a possible answer.

Clean any mention of the O&O in the Zone Alarm's Program Control Program listing and reboot.

Application control of the ZA. Open the Program Control in the Zone Alarm and then open the Program's Tab. Using the Add button, try manually adding all of the O&O components found in the Program Files\O&O and any other possible location such as the C drive, the Program Files\Common Files, Documents and Settings and the WINDOWS folders (possibly the root folder, the system32 and maybe the drivers folders). Then give each of the O&O components the Super (three green bars) rating and right click each and open the Options. In the Options menu, select the second item labled "Allow Application Interaction" . Then Apply and OK. Do this for each of the O&O components.

Open the Main Panel of the Program Control panel and set the Program Control slider to Auto. This should place the ZA in a learning mode and be ready to accept training.
    Left click the Custom button of the main of the Program Control and select the OSFirewall Tab. Select the "Change which programs load at startup" and in the State column click the value and then give it either the green check or the two flat bars for the Use program Setting. Apply and OK.
    Open the Components Tab of the Program Control and make sure any of the O&O items and any windows items are green checked.

Open the Main panel of the Alerts & Logs and select the Advanced Button. In the Alerts events tab, make sure the Alert and Log is red checked for the OSFirewall.

It is possible there are certain windows components used by O&O to operate properly. These may have to be added to the program list and given the Super (three green bars) and also the once more each could have the "Allow Application Interaction" of the Options found in the right click. Of these items I have no idea, other than the obvious few, but there could be others. The common items for the windows are csrss.exe, explorer.exe, cidaemon.exe, dllhost.exe, lsass.exe, logonui.exe, mmc.exe, ntmlpa.exe, ntoskrnl.exe, rundll32.exe, services.exe, sessmgr.exe, smss.exe, userinit.exe, verclsid.exe and winlogon.exe. This list still excludes certain windows .dlls and file system executibles- there are several. But I have no idea if O&O does use these or if it works independant of the Windows OS components.

Next open the Event Viewer of the Administrive Tools and look for any Warning or Errors.Please open any found and examine these and note the Event ID. We can check the Event ID numbers out and these are often valuable in tracing issues.

But if this does work, I would suggest to make sure you create a BackUp of the ZA settings for future use.

I think you should email the free Technical Support. The trained experts will have further suggestions and probably the solution. They will definitely want to see the tvdebug file found in the WINDOWS\Internet Logs. So please do not lose this file. It will be deleted if the Zone Alarm is uninstalled, so please copy it if you do uninstall the Zone Alarm again.

Do a quick check of the PC.
    Left click the Start and open the All Programs and select the Accessories and select the System Tools and select the System Information. In the System Summary tree, open the I/Os under the Hardware Resources and ensure there is an OK for each listed item under the Status Column of the right pane Components. Do the same check for the IRQs and the Memory.
    If the Status is not OKed, then something is wrong with the present hardware or drivers.

Check the drivers.
    Open the Administrative Tools of the Control Panel and select the Computer Management or right click My comouter and select the Manage. Select the Device Manager in the Computer Management tree. Now click the View and select the Show hidden devices.
    Now open every and each item in the right panel and right click each one. In the explorer menu, select the Update Driver and follow it through for installing new drivers.
    Often the PC manufacture's site has updated drivers. But often the best place is from the hardware manufacture's site. The PC manufacture's site often has the lastest BIOS version, but often the old BIOS is the correct BIOS and updating the BIOS is not usually neccessary.

Check the disk and the OS files.
    Do a system file check and a complete disk check.

Cheers, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-07-2007 11:45 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information