Thread: Download issues

dmdavidson Guest

Default Download issues

I have windows xp and Zone Alarm pro which has been working fine for several years. All of the sudden I cannot download pdf files or other programs unless I shut down ZA. For example, when I try and download a pdf file I get the message "Cannot locate Adobe reader". I shut down ZA and the pdf file opens up perfectly. How do I resolve this? Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Download issues

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am sorry you are having problems and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

Make sure you turn off your Mobile Code Control under Privacy. Then try to download the .pdf. After you have download the file, make sure you go back and turn on the Mobile Code Control. Hope this info has helped you. PLEASE post back your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. dmdavidson Guest

Thanks for the reply. Mobile Code Control is already set to Off. Very frustrating, no?

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>dmdavidson wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. Mobile Code Control is already set to Off. Very frustrating, no?
    <hr></blockquote>Here is something else to check..
    Clicklick Program Tab and look down the list of programs for anthing with Adobe name.. there may be three or four listings..All of the Adobe Listing should have two Green check marks for trusted and Internet Access..Also the Trusted Collum should have 3 Green Bars for Adobe..

dmdavidson Guest

Already done and still cannot download a pdf file unless I shut down ZA. Darn!

dmdavidson Guest

Just found the problem! I &quot;trusted&quot; all the Adobe programs but just found that I did not &quot;trust&quot; the Internet Explorer program. All is fine now. Thanks for your help.
    David

prof_fate Guest

Just found the problem! I &quot;trusted&quot; all the Adobe programs but just found that I did not &quot;trust&quot; the Internet Explorer program. All is fine now. Thanks for your help.
    David
    <hr></blockquote>Thank You for your Feedback..
    Now you should not have anymore problem with MS IE..
    Here is a short list
    from Guru GeorgeV's Helpful Links &amp; Tips
    of other files that need Trusted Acess
    Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (Green Check Marks):
    a.) All Microsoft wand Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rightsc.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorere.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service
    (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet and Send Mail all need Green check Marks..

dmdavidson Guest

Thanks for the list. I did make the changes. I did NOT see: Microsoft wand windows programs or svchost.exe but updated the others. Thanks again. David

prof_fate Guest

Thanks for the list. I did make the changes. I did NOT see: Microsoft wand windows programs or svchost.exe but updated the others. Thanks again. David

<hr></blockquote>Your Welcome..

prof_fate Guest

<hr></blockquote>Here is the Forum link to the Denied Access Help Tip..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=145

Thread Information