Thread: Configure ZA Pro to allow a program to communicate with specific other program without alert?

primemw Guest

Default Configure ZA Pro to allow a program to communicate with specific other program without alert?

I would like to customize my settings so that I can have one program communicate with one specific other program without giving a Suspicious Behavior Security Alert. Specifically I would like my email program, Eudora, to be able to start my browser, Firefox, without the alert but to still get alerts when Eudora starts something else.

The expert rules seem to apply to other categories: source, destination, protocol, time, but not just a single program.

Anyway to do this?

Thanks,
    Mike

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Configure ZA Pro to allow a program to communicate with specific other program without alert?

Hi!got to ZA program control --> right click on Eudora --> select "options" --> check "This program may use other programs to access the Internet" and "allow Application Interaction"Hope this helps....Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

primemw Guest

Default Re: Configure ZA Pro to allow a program to communicate with specific other program without alert?

Nope, it still gives a Suspicious Behavior alert. Same if I check "Allow Application Interaction."

Any other ideas? I would really like to allow Eudora to open the web browser only, but not other things.

Mike

Lower the Program Control slider to a learning mode. This should train the ZA to see the applications in use and make newer adjustments for the program activities.
    The actual expert rules as per individual applications are found in the expert rules section in the Options of the right click of the program in the Program listing of the ZA. The Expert Rules in the Firewall are just global rules.

Oh , I forgot. Do the two first checks in the Options as described by Guru fax for the browser that is involved. That may help things. Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-15-2007 11:28 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Hi!Did you allow to both programs than need to communicate? If yes thenyour ZA database is likely corrupted.. reset ithttp://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information