Thread: ZoneAlarm Doesn't Remember My Instructions

btreloar Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Doesn't Remember My Instructions

Now that I've been using ZoneAlarm long enough for it to turn on its more restrictive mode, it seems to have trouble remembering stuff.

Whenever I click on a hyperlink in an email message, I get a warning:

EUDORA is trying to communicate with C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe by using DDE

I check off the box that says "Apply this setting to all suspicious behaviors exhibited by this application" and then click "Allow".

But this same warning continues to appear. To be honest, I can't say for sure if it reappears in the same Windows session or only after a reboot, but whichever --- ZoneAlarm seems to forget my instructions and repeatedly presents me with this warning.

How can I fix this behavior?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Doesn't Remember My Instructions

Hi!first try to remove Eudora from the ZA program list (right lclick --> Remove) then run Eudora and see if this time it will keep the settings.If not, try to manually set Eudora (under the ZA program Control) to SuperTrusted (three green bars). Shutdown ZA... wait a couple of minutes ... open ZA --> go to ZA program control --> Programs --> and check that Eudora have still the three bars (super trusted). If not, you mayneed to reset your ZA settings.Go to your "Internet Logs" folder (under the main windows folder) and check that you don't have many *.tmp files. Many *.tmp files is an indication that ZA database may be corrupted, delete them and check they are not coming back.Finally, if everything else fails, reset your ZA database:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

btreloar Guest

Thanks, Fax,

Removing Eudora form the ZA program list seems to have worked.

Cheers!
    Bill

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information