Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wamp and ZA Internet Security Suite

razzel Guest

Default Wamp and ZA Internet Security Suite

When I load phpmyadmin in Wamp, ZA tells me that it blocked a cookie. Wamp says that I must allow cookies in order for it to work. The problem is that even if I allow localhost on the Privacy tab and uncheck everything related to cookies, scripts etc, ZA still tells me that ti blocked a cookie and Wamp keeps complaining that I must allow cookies to run.

Any clue what to do??

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Wamp and ZA Internet Security Suite

Hi!"ZA tells me that it blocked a cookie"... and if you are fast enough to click on the ZA privacy advisor pop-up link you will get list of the sites and thesite for which the cookie has been blocked clearly highlighted. On certain monitors is difficult to see but its there...See here for a tutorial: http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.htmlCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-19-2007 07:11 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

razzel Guest

Fax, I cleared the Privacy list of everything except localhost. I then gave localhost all privilegies (block no cookies, ads or scripts), but ZA still says it blocked a cookie.

HI!Remove everything (including locahhost)from the site list, shutdown ZA, open ZA, check the site list is clean and then try again....Which is the site that is highlighted by the ZAprivacy advisor?Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-19-2007 07:16 PM

razzel Guest

OK, I removed everything from the Privacy list, and the shut down ZA. When ZA is shut down, Wamp works just fine. I restarted ZA and refreshed the myphpadmin index-page and ZA says it blocked a cookie. The Privacy list is empty.

Hi!weird... so you click on the hyperlink in the ZA pop-up privacy advisor and you get to an emptysite list?Not sure this is a normal reaction from privacy control... when such thinks happens it is usually a corrupted ZA database.Have a look at the Internet Logs folder in the main windows folder... are there many *.tmp files?Cheers,Fax

razzel Guest

"weird... so you click on the hyperlink in the ZA pop-up privacy advisor and you get to an empty site list?"
    - yes, I do.

There are 9 .tmp files in the Internet Logs folder.

Hi!Ok.. it can be an indication that your ZA database is corrupted...Two options:1. Reset the database and see if this was the cause of your problems. But I can't garantee it will solve your issue!!see here: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.html2. Just disable the cookies control from the main ZA privacypanelAlsoremove those *.tmp files and see if they will appear again.Are you running any other AV scanner, forexample, AVAST or other tools that use 'proxy' type of technology?It may interfer with ZA...You can always contact the ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

razzel Guest

I followed your advice, but the problem is till there. I will mail ZoneLabs tech support about it. Thanks anyway for the help! m:-)

Hi!if you have completely shutdown the ZA privacy control it should not block any web item.Anyway, post back if you find a solution...Cheers,Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information