I'm using the free ZoneAlarm with Windows XP (the latter with all updates).
For a very long time, I've been using the same version of ZoneAlarm, but when I booted up recently, I was told to update and I did. (I'm sorry, I don't know the version numbers involved.)
Since updating and rebooting, I've lost connection to the Internet. I'm assuming it has something to do with the update, since I'm not aware of making any other changes.
In my system tray, I see an icon I haven't seen before. When I hover my mouse cursor over it, it says something like "acquiring network address". Perhaps by double-clicking on that icon (I'm sorry I can't remember, because I've been a bit thrown by this), I found that my network address was said to be 0.0.0.0. I know that it's supposed to be 10.0.0.1.
If this is indeed a ZoneAlarm problem, I'd be very grateful to be told how to fix it.
Thanks for reading this.
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)