Thread: ZoneAlarm Pro and Tor proxy security

pgar Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Pro and Tor proxy security

Hi.I am interested in ultimate internet security. I have ZoneAlarm Pro installed, works great, although I have a malfunction...I aslo use Tor (The Onion Router) which is a proxy that provides a different IP address than my real IP. My question/problem is...ZoneAlarm keeps crashing (says system error: please reboot) and I am assuming it is because of Tor. Aside from uninstalling Tor, is there a way in which I can fix this malfunction?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro and Tor proxy security

Hi!I don't anything about ToR but this type of crash is usually related to a wrong configuration or a ZA database corruption.You can try to reset the settings of ZA by cleaninig its database and see if it will still crash.Also try to update to the latest version (7.0.408.000). And if you update choose "clean install"Reset ZA database: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

avguser Guest

Hi pgar,I also use TORPARK and have the same problem as you..It seems that for some reason there is a conflict between TOR and ZoneAlarm's True Vector Service. This has already been reported to both the Torpark makers and ZoneAlarm by me and other people.From what I have been told, as of last month (I must ask them again) there is no work around apart from turning off ZoneAlarm and using the Windows Firewall. They are still working on this problem...so they say. This has been going on for over a year now.If you want to
    PM me
    I will keep in contact when there is any new information.

pgar Guest

Does anyone know of a working proxy program(that is good) that works with ZoneAlarm Pro? (please provide URL) Thanks in advance.

avguser Guest

Hi, if you get anything on that I'd be grateful if you could also
    let me know :-)

Tor usually crashes with the newer versions of ZA. I know 4.5 works and possibly each version before 6.5 might work . All versions after always crashed, for me anyway.

Just a proxy program and nothing fancy? Here ya go, http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...work/proxy.htm
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information