Thread: ZA locks browsers after awhile

nilla Guest

Default ZA locks browsers after awhile

I have noticed that if I leave my computer for awhile ZoneAlarm wont allow my browsers to access the Internet. I have tried both IE and Firefox.
    What is strange is that other applications that use the Internet (i.e. online games) can connect. The only way to get around it is to either shutdown ZA or restart my computer. It is becoming a pain to restart everytime I leave my computer for a few hours. I have tried to reset to the default setting but this didn't resolve the problem. Any help? Thanks!

head Guest

Default Re: ZA locks browsers after awhile

Look at the Program Control -> Automatic lock -> Custom options. Then check permissions and trust level for your applications at the Program Control -> Programs tab.

nilla Guest

Hi head,I checked what you said. My custom options are: "Lock when screensaver activates." and
    "Allow pass-lock programs to access the Internet." I can not uncheck "Lock when screensaver activates." I can only chose to select "Lock after X minutes of inactivity."
    Also, both Firefox and IE are trusted and allowed Internet access under the Programs tab in ZoneAlarm.
    It seems that ZA is configured correctly. ZA was functioning correctly before, and then about a week ago these problems started. Any ideas why it is locking out my browsers after awhile? Thanks for your help!

nilla Guest

Hello head,Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

nilla Guest

Please, does anyone have any tips on how to solve this problem?

Thread Information