Thread: ZA Free Issues-installing program Updates-"Object has been blocked" error page....

dellman Guest

Default ZA Free Issues-installing program Updates-"Object has been blocked" error page....

I've just recently had my ZA revert back to the free edition after using the Security Suite trial. I had an issue that was solved by using the advanced options available in SS , but not that I'm have the plain ZA Free I don't know what to do. Whenever I try to download updates to programs like Spybot SD and Java, I get the blank white page with "Object has been blocked" error. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

watcher Guest

Default Re: ZA Free Issues-installing program Updates-"Object has been blocked" error page....

Dear Dellman:

The "Object has been blocked" error is resolved by clicking the Privacy panel, Main tab, and clicking the Custom button under the Mobile Code Control section. Uncheck the last option, Block mime-type integrated objects. You can reenable it after downloading if you want.
    This applies to ZAPRO but ZAfree probably is the same.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

dellman Guest

Default Re: ZA Free Issues-installing program Updates-"Object has been blocked" error page....

Actually there is no Privacy panel in ZA Free. That was my problem. I had been using ZA SS free trial and was able to use your fix on a similar problem. But alas, I found another solution, I just uninstalled ZA free and then reinstalled it apparenltly resetting something and it allowed me to downloaded what I needed. Thanks though.

Thread Information