I have recently upgraded to Internet Explorer Version 7 after avoiding it for some time.

I went to the Ebay Australia site and it would not open correctly (see the screen message text below signature). The same went for the Ebay UK site. I figured it was some privacy setting in the Privacy area but using various setting did not help. I then
checked both the Microsoft and ZoneAlarm forums sites but both showed nothing relevant (thanks again for the support Microsoft) or anything that would work in my particular case.

So, I fiddled with some of the settings in the Program Control area. I found that if I unchecked the "Enable Privacy for this program", then Ebay worked just fine. I also use Firefox, which had no problem with Ebay at all with this setting "checked" either
before or after installing IE7. Therefore, I guess it is something unique to IE7.

While I don't like disabling protection, I can live with this setting
for a while.

My question is. If I "uncheck" this setting will the settings in the Privacy area (Cookies, Ad Blocking and Mobile Code) still
protect me from the sites I have blocked or restricted and will my default setting still be effect while I am using Internet Explorer 7.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DannyF

Ebay screen message in plain text

The website declined to show this webpage

Most likely causes:

This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Unquote

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite