Thread: opening ports

Hybrid View

extra_pirate Guest

Default opening ports

ok so I'm using I'm "n00b" so be nice and don't use massive words. I am using Zone Alarm Pro 6.1
    So problem= I recently installed WarCraft 3: Frozen Throne and I would like to host games online "battle.net". To do this I need to open a port and when I went to look at the tutorial on how to do this, the version that was used for the tutorial was very old so I could not follow what was required to do.
    Here is the tutorial "http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...Id=21197" If someone could be mighty friendly and translate that into noob terms and show me how to do it with the version that I have shown above^^^^^^^^^^^^, I would greatly appreciate it.

THANKS

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.1
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: opening ports

Go to Firewall -> Main -> Internet Zone Security.
    Click on the Custom button.
    Under the "High Security for Internet Zone" heading, scroll down to where the following settings are listed:

- Allow incoming UDP ports - Allow outgoing UDP ports
    - Allow incoming TCP ports - Allow outgoing TCP ports

Check the box beside the desired setting (to open ports for a specific program, check the software manufacturer's support site for specific port information.
    A field will appear below, where you can type in a port or range of ports.
    Click OK.

Or see this.

Just make sure the game is listed in the ZA's Program list and it has both access to the trusted and internet and server rights for both the trusted and the internet.

Sometimes adding the IP of the game's server as Trusted in the Zones of the Firewall helps.

Cheers, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-20-2007 10:03 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information