Thread: My entries in the "Firewall zones" tend to disappear ...

Default My entries in the "Firewall zones" tend to disappear ...

I have several computers for which I have entered the names and IP addresses in the Firewall Zones tab (to make them trusted or non-trusted). From time to time, the first entry (by alphabetical order in the Name column) disappear, then the second one and so on ...
    It looks as if the configuration file gets purged from its fist line in the subsection "ip address" in the "zones" section (see example hereunder for the first computer in the list which I named a for this example).

When a computer has disappeared from the list, it is considered as non-trusted and I cannot connect to it anymore unless I reenter manually is IP address in the list. If i give it a name that would put it on the bottom of the list (such as "z", then it stays there for ever, but the computer which is now on top of the list will disappear soon ...

Any clue as how to avoid this ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

zones
    ipaddr address="130.104.xxx.yyy" status="on" description="a"..

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: I have removed the signs "less than" and "greater than" since otherwise this part of the message would have been interpreted as an HTML code...

Message Edited by ptulkens on 10-20-2007 09:15 AM

Message Edited by ptulkens on 10-20-2007 09:17 AM

Default Re: My entries in the "Firewall zones" tend to disappear ...

Try to add the sites in the Expert tab of the Firewall. Maybe that works for you.
    Cheers. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Good suggestion. I have put the two addresses of the two first computers in the Zones tab also in an expert rule and we'll see what happens (it may take a while because this disappearance from the Zones tab occurs erratically ...). I'll post the results when known.

The Zones tends to work with the DNS IP of the sites, not the sites so much themselves (just try doubleclcik.net or .com and you will not see a range, but just the DNS IP instead, for example). The DNS IP do change from time to time. This maybe the reason why it is not working. It still could be something else causing the problem, but lets see if the Expert Rule method works.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information