Thread: Any Help Needed! I've been up for 15 hours trying to fix this!!!!

Hybrid View

nismozz Guest

Default Any Help Needed! I've been up for 15 hours trying to fix this!!!!

Here it goes. I installed the 15
    day trial of Zone Alarm to see how it is. Didn't like it so I decided to uninstall and it refused to do so. I then made the mistake of doing a hard delete in the program files menu. Since then, I have lost internet connection and have not been able to gain it back even with a new network card. I've done a search here on the forums and I hear remnants of the program stay about so it looks like I got destroyed. I have no idea what to do, can anybody offer any advice on fixing this problem and getting my internet up and running. I have Vista. Thanks.

Default Re: Any Help Needed! I've been up for 15 hours trying to fix this!!!!

Tried to reinstall the ZA, do a normal boot and then uninstall in the safe mode?
    Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-23-2007 07:00 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

nismozz Guest

I am going to try that right now.

bigfoote Guest

I guess it didn't work. He has not had internet ability since his last post.
    My internet access problem happened when I tried to update to ver 408, ZAISS. I have to restore my comp. to the day before the install atempt.
    Doug

daevid Guest

Going into safe mode etc. to do more de-install attempts won't work. Same thing happened to me...I tried to delete the prog after de-install failed AFTER a version update that froze the internet connections.
    I got a deinstall tool from somewhere here, can't remember the name, sorry. But the procedure worked. Best of luck.

Was it this one? Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information