Thread: Have just purchased Acronis True Image 10 Home to use on...

froggyfish Guest

Default Have just purchased Acronis True Image 10 Home to use on...

Have just purchased Acronis True Image 10 Home to use on my XP pc, along with ZAPro 7.0.337.000 and KAV 7.0.0.125. I have never used a backup or imaging software before, and would like some help.

Does any know of any possible problems I may encounter between ZAPro 7.0.337.000, KAV 7.0.0.125 and Acronis True Image 10 - and how I can get round them ?

I would appreciate any help/instructions anyone can give me, as I am new to backup/imaging programs.

I have not found much about this topic on this forum previously.

Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: Have just purchased Acronis True Image 10 Home to use on...

Dear FroggyFish:

I use ZAPRO, a different antivirus software than yours, and a different backup utility than yours, and it works fine. I would expect that you would not have any trouble, either. If security software, including ZAPRO, should be a problem in using your backup utility, then just shut them off until you have finished backing up your drives. Also, you should not be connected to the Internet while backing up your drive. I do this task weekly and backing up my 60GB hard drive(with multiple partitions) takes just over an hour. I use an USB external hard drive to store the images and password protect them. It can then be stored offsite or in a protected storage area where you live. It has saved me twice so far from catastrophe. You can also store separate data backups offsite and/or in a protected storage area at your residence.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Message Edited by WATCHER on 10-31-2007 06:45 PM

froggyfish Guest

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like @ shouldn't have too many problems with it then (famous last words!).

Thanks for your tips - an external USB hard drive sounds a good idea. I've been thinking of getting one for a while, so this may spur me on to looking round for one.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FroggyFish wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. It sounds like @ shouldn't have too many problems with it then (famous last words!).

Thanks for your tips - an external USB hard drive sounds a good idea. I've been thinking of getting one for a while, so this may spur me on to looking round for one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..
    I agree with Watcher..I use Acronis True Image Backup to External HD's on both Windows XP and Vista, with ZASS and ZAPro with no problem..However, Please Check your ZA Program control, Program tab Section..and Give Any Acronis Files listed Three Green Bars in Trusted Level, and Two Green check Marks for Trusted and Internet Access..On my setup I have 5 Acronis files listed..Also please read the Following Forum Link..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=159and Post back with your Feedback if you need more information..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

froggyfish Guest

Hello GeorgeV.
    The forum link I'd already found, but thanks anyway! Also thanks for your Program configurations tips.
    I'll get back to you if encounter any problems when installed software.
    Much appreciate your help.
    FroggyFish

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FroggyFish wrote:
    Hello GeorgeV.Much appreciate your help.FroggyFish
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank You..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information