Thread: Browsers and touch pad

cjwertz Guest

Default Browsers and touch pad

I am using ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 7.1.078.000 on a Toshiba Satellite Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium.

From time to time, it "forgets" all its settings for Internet Explorer and Firefox. Sometimes the result is that neither browser will start at all. Sometimes the result is a barrage of "allow/deny" dialogues. In ether case, it seems necessary to go into your program settings and grant permissions. I've had to do this several times since acquiring ZoneAlarm in August.

From time to time it decides the program that runs my Synaptics touch pad is untrustworthy and displays an "allow/deny" dialogue. In this situation, I am more or less locked out and it is necessary to use alt-tab to get to the ZoneAlarm Window and tab to get to the allow button. I've also been caught here several times.

In each case, the first time I had the problem, I was fortunate enough to find my way to a telephone customer service representative who was able and willing to tell me what to do even though it wasn't really her job.

I'd have to say that my third issue is the difficulty of obtaining support, especially on weekends. To be fair to ZoneAlarm, this seems to be quite common for Firewall and AntiVirus products.

I am seriously considering writing off my investment in this product and going back to either McAfee or Symantec.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Browsers and touch pad

Hi,PLEASE DO NOT double post, as I posted a possible solution in the following thread.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=46229SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information