Thread: ZoneAlarm bogs down my PC after Startup

wamerk Guest

Default ZoneAlarm bogs down my PC after Startup

To whom it may concern,
    After I bought and installed Zone Alarm Security Suite
    I noticed it is trying to understand the programs running on my PC and bogs down considerably. I
    looked through these forums and I see that this is normal at first.
    I was impressed that it found spyware I thought I got rid of completely and spyware that my
    previous anti-virus and anti-spy programs did not detect.
    The only problem is, as its monitoring programs accessing the internet during startup, it slows down considerably.
    Luckily I have a powerful PC, but it ends up using about 40% of my System Resources and
    Zone Alarm itself is
    completely UNRESPONSIVE.
    After 20 minutes or so, it eventually loads completely and it usually has an alert telling me it blocked some port or gave access to something.
    It also takes a little longer to shut down my PC. It used to take a few seconds, now it takes at least 1 minute or so with Zone Alarm being the program that refuses to shutdown.

My question is, will Zone Alarm consistently become unresponsive during boot up?

I downloaded the the direct download version of the Internet Security Suite a few hours ago off the website and I have version:

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

wamerk Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm bogs down my PC after Startup

Well it seems its working fine now.
    I guess I was just being impatient in that the software was configuring itself.
    I think Zone Alarm needs to communicate this better to its subscribers that not only will it slow down the system, but the program will in effect, become unresponsive, it may make crash your computer or delay shutdown...

Thread Information