Thread: scottrade & zonealarm security suite

jasyn Guest

Default scottrade & zonealarm security suite

i recently installed zonealarm security suite on my father's computer. he uses it to trade stocks in the morning and uses scottrade to do so. scottrade uses a java applet that displays all the stock information very frequently second for second, being updated as the stock exchange is going on. from what he tells me, while zonealarm is running, instead of it being updated frequently like it use to, it's very slow now and the information lags behind.

what do i need to turn off, add, or do in order to stop this form happening?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by jasyn on 11-08-2007 03:07 PM

findley Guest

Default Re: scottrade & zonealarm security suite

jasyn,
    If you are not using the latest version of ZASS 7.0.408.000 one option is to upgrade and see if there is any improvement.
    Slow starts,
    high resource usage and hangs have been issues in previous versions before ZASS 7.0.408.000.
    On the lag issue, with on access scanning in ZASS disabled you'd see a performance improvement, BUT and it's a big BUT you're vulnerable to malware.
    And just my opinion, not an advisable thing to do given the kind of activity your father is engaged in Scot trading.
    Hope this helps youFindley

Message Edited by Findley on 11-09-2007 11:13 AM

Thread Information