Thread: network access without internet access

donp Guest

Default network access without internet access

i have a home office setup with 5 computers running XP, 2000, and a mac and a print server with two routers and a switch. i want to be able to access any computer within the network even when the internet stop is engaged. i've put the router's ip addresses into the trusted sites within zone alarm but i still cannot access the computers remotely. how do i configure this?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

zaswing Guest

Default Re: network access without internet access

Hi donp, It's not clear to me what's connected to what. So the assorted list of things to check, below, are just some clues.Is ZA on every computer? Or is it doing connection sharing for other computers? Are you trying to access a computer that is in hibernation state?
    By "remotely" do you mean within your LAN or from outside, ie. from the internet outside the router firewall?
    Is every computer hooked to the router independently? Have you put the entire LAN into the trusted zone? Something like 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    You may need to put the IPs of the computer(s) you're trying to access also into the trusted zone, though, with simple network, I found it's not necessary.
    If the hibernating computer is the one you're trying to get to, and if it is XPpro or Windows2000pro, no luck. It won't respond whether ZA is running or not. The tighter windows security will stop it. At least that's my observation.

If the internet lock engages when hibernation starts, well, I don't think you can have it both ways. It'll listen or it won't and that depends on how you set up the lock properties.

Thread Information