Thread: LimeWire can't connect, uTorrent has no DHT

searinox Guest

Default LimeWire can't connect, uTorrent has no DHT

LW cannot establish a connection. uTorrent shows a red icon telling me that DHT is denied by my firewall. Changing uT ports does not solve the problem. In program control the two programs have every setting to allow - four green ticks. What do I do now?

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

searinox Guest

Default Re: LimeWire can't connect, uTorrent has no DHT

Also might I add everything else - browsers(IE and FF), messengers(AIM, MSN, Y!), online games, everything else works fine.

searinox Guest

Default Update and question.

It appears that lowering the setting for Internet Zone to medium fixes the DHT, but LW STILL CANNOT CONNECT.

I would like to know what high vs medium security level means and what the risks involved are.

cyberstorm_five Guest

Do you have a router installed for your connection or is it a direct connection we are discussing here. You may have to forward the ports manually or enable UPnP on your router. ZASS handles the DHT and Port forwarwarding well if Utorrent is enabled for UPnP, but I find on both my routers I must manually port forward....Limewire on the other hand is not something I use anymore. I won't ask what you download with it, but may I suggest Torrenting is indeed a more effective way of downloading...Try Mininova or piratebay for all your searching needs....Good Luck.

searinox Guest

No router. Alsooooo last post might be of more relevance as this problem has been overcome but a more serious one has taken its place...

cyberstorm_five Guest

I might suggest setting up Expert rules in this case to see if it is Zone Alarm. Have you tried to connect it WITHoUT ZA running. I dont suggest it, but it is worth it for trouble shooting purposes. Have you had these two programs running and connected at ALL before? Those are pretty serious issues as both those progies are usually great at connecting. You stated you have the four green checks next to each in your rules which should override smart settings, so I dont believe thats what it is. You are also using a different version of ZA than I but I do not see that as a MAJOR issue, although I have seen LOTS of problems from users running Vista. Let me know if you decide to try connecting Without ZA running and if it helps or not.

cyberstorm_five Guest

Lol, the only person HERE who is being Dramatic is You. As I have had my own issues lately I have switched to **bleep** Products and am too impressed to even give a rats **bleep** I wasted all that money on ZASS.VSMON crashes for no apparent reason other than it can't handle mass connections well, or something, I got no help here either. Anyway, good luck to you. Your HHHHEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!! is the one I was refering to when I said it sounds like a LIMEWIRE issue...lol, get a grip. You can give up on your crusade anytime...whatever it may be. You really aren't gonna find anybody willing to help you I think, but then again, I've been wrong before. Take your own advice and you'll have better luck...."Cut the Drama..." Your worse than My old lady, and SHE is Dramatic...sh*& I don't even think my KIDS are as dramatic as YOU....lol. Later. CLICK! Thats me hangin up on your ignorant A&&

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Update and question.

<blockquote><hr>Searinox wrote:
    It appears that lowering the setting for Internet Zone to medium fixes the DHT, but LW STILL CANNOT CONNECT.

I would like to know what high vs medium security level means and what the risks involved are.
    <hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    Double Left Click on the Zone Alarm icon in your System tray will display the main menu of Zone Alarm
    On the Left side are your Options for Control and Configuring Zone Alarm..
    Just to the right of those Options is a brief description of each Option,and if you click on an option on the left, the description of that option will change to fit that option..
    You might benefit from reading these descriptions..

Usually just allowing the server rights for the application in the Zone Alarm Program list will do the trick - both the trusted and the internet servers in your case. But ports can be opened or closed in the Custom feature of the Firewall of the Zone Alarm. Just set the correct port numbers and protocols in the ZA for the client.

This should be what you were looking for.

Also make sure the P2P client is the latest up-to-date version and do not go too high with the number of active connections or the rate of the connections.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

I don't use limewire so this may not even apply . Start limewire go to tools>options>speed> place a check in the box that says "Disable Ultra Peer Capabilities" restart LW see if this helps your connection problems.

Thread Information