Thread: Deselecting DefenseNet reporting?

salwri Guest

Default Deselecting DefenseNet reporting?

The HELP file on my Zone Alarm says:

"Note: There are certain situations in which you will not be notified before contact is made. Those include sending DefeneseNet data to ZoneAlarm, contacting ZoneAlarm for program advice, when an anti-virus update is performed, or when monitoring your anti-virus status. The "Share setting anonymously..." setting below, turns off the DefenseNet transfer. All other settings can be disabled from the main tab of their respective panels. "

I don't want any contact with Zone Alarm that I do not know about in advance. Otherwise ZoneAlarm becomes a spyware program. How do I deselect the DefenseNet participation option or is that mandatory? If it's mandatory, I'll uninstall Zonealarm because it should be optional, and being mandatory is suspicious.

Am still setting up zonealarm and am reading the help file.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

salwri Guest

Default Re: Deselecting DefenseNet reporting?

Another problem -- suddenly Zone Alarm, which I just installed tonight, has frozen and won't let me open any other part of it since I selected the Product Info tab. Looks like I'll have to try to reboot or uninstall and start over.

salwri Guest

Looks like the freeze was just until I okayed a popup Zone Alarm had put up behind the main window so that I didn't know.

Still, it's making my browsers not work fast enough and sometimes now IE is freezing so I don't know how long I'll use this software. I spent five minutes just getting my browser to bring up a search engine after it started getting slowed up by zone alarm.

naivemelody Guest

Calm yourself, salwri, if you had read the Help file correctly you would have seen -<hr>"Configuration data is not collected from ZoneAlarm or ZoneAlarm Anti-virus users.&quot;<hr>You are using ZA Free = ZoneAlarm - you are exempt, free, you do not qualify, you are
    not being monitored or tracked at all - period. For the rest of the paid subscribers (less ZA Anti-virus), we get an &quot;option&quot; to join or not join - clearly explained in big letters - during the initial ZA install. You would not have gotten that 'dialogue' box; you are exempt.<hr>I myself, declined. No frets.<hr>Goodbye Horses - Q. Lazzarus

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-17-2007 04:44 PM

The Defense Net option is easily deselected in the ZA itself. Very easy and simple.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information