Thread: How do you add a Trusted Site address in ZoneAlarm (free version)

slunk Guest

Default How do you add a Trusted Site address in ZoneAlarm (free version)

The help file says to click on the Identity Protection
    menu, and then edit Trusted Sites. However, it seems that this is only available on the pay versions of ZoneAlarm.
    Anyone know how to do this with ZoneAlarm free?
    I have to allow a certain site to get access to my school's wireless internet. Right now, I shut off ZoneAlarm and am using Windows Firewall, which frankly, makes me nervous. Thanks

webdaddy Guest

Default Re: How do you add a Trusted Site address in ZoneAlarm (free version)

This is fairly straightforward, at least it is with Free versions 5.5 and 6.1.
    Open ZA. At top-left, click on Firewall. Make sure you've selected the Zones tab, up at top-right. In the window that opens, you'll probably see a few IP addresses or sites that ZA has already automatically configured for the Trusted zone. You merely need to add this new one of yours that'll allow access to your school's network. Now, you can do this basically two ways - either just right-click on the table and select the appropriate menu that pops up, or go to the bottom-right of the window and click on the Add button. It'll come up with a menu of: Host/Site, IP Address, IP Range, and Subnet. Choose IP Address. Fill in the IP address in the appropriate box, then give it a description, such as
    School LAN
    Access. Make sure the first box is showing Trusted. When ZA subsequently enters it into the table, make sure that the zone heading is Trusted Zone (It's possible, by inadvertently right-clicking on the headers of the table, to opt between Internet zone and Trusted zone and, in your case, you definitely don't want Internet zone). Once the IP address is showing in the table, click on it to highlight it (keep checking that it shows Trusted zone), then click the Apply button at bottom-right.
    Hope that does it for you.

Message Edited by webdaddy on 12-06-2007 08:55 PM

slunk Guest

Default Re: How do you add a Trusted Site address in ZoneAlarm (free version)

that did the trick, thanks

Thread Information