Thread: 2 PCs on my home network, unable to connect to the internet from the 2nd

babylonhills Guest

Default 2 PCs on my home network, unable to connect to the internet from the 2nd

Hi,
    I have 2 computers in my home network connected via a simple LAN. The primary computer connects to the internet (broadband) via a modem. I've shared this internet connection so that the secondary computer also connects to the net through this shared connection. No router/switch involved. Zone Alarm is installed on the primary computer.
    Now when I try to connect to the net from the second PC I'm unable to connect to any site. (file sharing is working properly both ways) Then when I shutdown the ZoneAlarm suite on the primary computer, I was able to connect to the net from the 2nd PC.
    In my ZA suite, in Firewall->Zones, this network is in the Trusted Zone, and I have even added the 2nd PC's IP address individually into the Trusted Zone. Yet, when ZA is running, the 2nd PC cannot connect.
    Please could you tell me if there is some other configuration I need to check?
    Thanks.
    (ZA Suite version: 7.0.337.000Both PCs: Windows XP)

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: 2 PCs on my home network, unable to connect to the internet from the 2nd

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry you are having problems with ZA and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

Re: ICS problems

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=21375

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

babylonhills Guest

Default Re: 2 PCs on my home network, unable to connect to the internet from the 2nd

Hi!
    Thanks a lot for that! It was just one additional change I had to make regarding the ICS/NAT gateway and it worked.
    Thanks for the quick and accurate solution! I tried to avoid repeating an old query, but after going back 10 pages in the forum I couldn't find anything so created a new post.
    Thank you very much once again

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,You are Very Welcome!Thank you very much for posting back and I am very happy your issue has been fixed.YES, ALWAYS start a new thread, as most of the time our Volunteers will not see it and their is no way it alerts us about a new posting in that old thread, which most of the time will be closed.Happy Holidays!SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information