Thread: Unable to Browse the internet

gtit Guest

Default Unable to Browse the internet

I recently installed the trial version of ZA Security Suite. Since then I am unable to browse the internet until I shut down ZA complete. I have tried various settings with no success. Any help would be great if there is a safe way to forward my settings then please advise.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Unable to Browse the internet

Tips for installing ZoneAlarm 7.0.462:[*]
    - don't use web accelerators(often used with dial-up)
    nor download managers - temporarily shut-off/ shut down<hr>- better to use Internet Explorer 6/ 7 - temporarily, instead of firefox for ZA install<hr>- in your web browser - if it has security &gt;trusted zone/ site list and pop-up blocker settings - adjust -
    add &quot;download.zonealarm.com&quot; to safe-site/whitelist

and of any pop-blockers software you may have<hr>- with Webroot SpySweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, AVG guard, Windows Defender, etc.
    - temporarily shut off the real time protective - shields, guards, watches, proactive protection, Ad-Watch, etc. Or just temporarily shut-down the software.<hr>[*]<hr>For first time users of ZoneAlarm - &lt;&lt;&lt; :0 :0 :0[*][*]

1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZoneAlarm firewall product. This is important. :0<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Other Helpful Hints:[*]http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=154<hr>[*]See this :0
    &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=145<hr>Question: are there any error codes or messages?<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 12-26-07 - Say It Right - Nelly Furtado<ul>[/list]Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Editon
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-26-2007 10:31 PM

Thread Information