Thread: Setting home network between computers linked by router, with free ZA.

downloadbb Guest

Default Setting home network between computers linked by router, with free ZA.

I have 2 computers linked (seperately) to Siemens ADSL SL2-141 router.(both computers running XP pro)
    Without ZA, the network between this computers works well, but with ZA (free version) on, you can't see or share files with other computers.
    I tried adding the computers' IP addresses (10.0.0.x) to the trusted zone, or adding my network card (in Firewall ->menu tab) to the the trusted zone, but with no success.

I've been told to open port 139 for incoming traffic, but I didn't find the "custom" button in Firewall->main tab that was suppose to enable doing this.

What can I do to make this network work without having to shutdown ZA??

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Setting home network between computers linked by router, with free ZA.

Since noone answered, let's try these possibilities
    1. NetBios - enable it in both computers. It's done in the Network properties of the TCP/IP protocol - unlikely to really help since without ZA it works for you. Anyway that's the port 139, or 137-139 thingie.
    2. Make sure the entire LAN is Trusted, something like 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 - in ZA free it'll be called Adapter subnet (or so my memory tells me)
    3. Don't block broadcast. And make sure the LAN is set on Medium security, not high.
    I suppose your workgroup and user rights and passwords are ok since it works without ZA

EDITED: there is a recent thread you may want to check and follow, it has Guru Oldsod's advice on working it through
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...&jump=true

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 01-16-2008 08:40 PM

Thread Information