Thread: Startup Configuration

billa Guest

Default Startup Configuration

On my Win2k PC I want to start ZA with all internet activity blocked. The reason being it is nearly never connected to the internet but on those very special occasions when it is needed I want to be able to do so. I would also like to know how to do this for XP Home.

billa

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Startup Configuration

Fairly easy to do: right click the ZA tray icon (located in the lower right near your clock -XP) &gt; Press &quot;Stop all Internet activity&quot; = Internet LockorThe most assured way - disconnect the wire from your pc/laptop to the ISP or shutdown power to wireless/ wired router or use a stop button on it (if there is one) = this probably the easiest and simpliest method - this way you can leave your pc/ ZA settings ready to go when you want to connect.<hr>Right click your ZA tray icon - see &quot;Help&quot; = this is your User Guide. Please read thru, there are various ways to achieve ' block Internet activity ' = use of Internet Lock, temporaily restricting access with all browsers/ programs/ ISP
    in your program control list, etc.<hr>Internet Lock<a target="_blank"></a>

The Internet Lock stops all traffic except traffic initiated by programs to which you have given <a target="_blank">pass-lock</a> permission. Clicking the Internet Lock instantly blocks DHCP messages or ISP heartbeats used to maintain your Internet connection. As a result, you may lose your Internet connection. To reopen access, click the Lock button again.<a target="_blank"></a>

<div align="left"><a target="_blank"></a><div class="pTipIcon">

<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pNotetext">You also can activate the Stop button and Internet Lock by right-clicking on the system tray icon and choosing either Stop all Internet activity or Engage Internet Lock from the shortcut menu.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 1-18-08 - Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-18-2008 11:29 PM

Thread Information