Thread: Router won't connect and Trend Micro won't load after installing ZA 7

longbdrdr Guest

Default Router won't connect and Trend Micro won't load after installing ZA 7

I've been trying to solve this problem for 4 days now.
    Someone please help!
    I recently upgraded to ZA 7.0.462 on my Windows XP Pro system.
    I use Trend Micro Internet Security (build 8) for my AV.
    This is the problem:
    When I load ZA, Trend Micro won't load up.
    So, I opened ZA and found that my router is not accessing the internet.
    My network IP and site addresses, DHCP Server, and Loopback all show up in my Firewall zone, but there is no traffic.
    All are set to Trusted.
    When I completely uninstall ZA.
    Everything works fine!

Please help.
    I just renewed my ZA subscription and I've never had this kind of headache before.
    I've followed previously posted uninstall/reinstall solutions too the letter (5 with no success.
    Thanks in advance
    DeWitt

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Trend Suite + ZA Suite = no way

Some basic rules of the 'virtual world'...<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>www.firewallguide.com<hr>I believe Trend Micro Internet Security is a full suite with firewall, anti-virus plus other features and you want to add ZA Suite (has a firewall, anti-virus plus othe features) = big problems - two full suites cannot coexist; even if you had disabled the firewall portion of Trend and disabled ZA's av (Kaspersky) - it will still not work. You must decide on only using one suite - either ZA Suite or Trend ?? The other must be properly un-installed before you can properly install the other. You must choose.<hr>There are ways to combine different brands firewall, anti-virus - but you must be really carefull on your choices, especially the anti-virus - as many of the most popular anti-virus - do not come plain - they usually come with extra firewalls (or firewall like modules). As you have it - two full suites - are a 'no go - never to combine.'
    If you really want Trend av's - check their website for plain av's (check the details - the simplier, the better) and then you &quot;may&quot; be able to combine with ZA Pro or ZA Anti-Spyware products - but not ZA Suite.<hr>See/ click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645 = pay attention to the tips and links provided.<hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC 1-19-08 - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind? - The Lovin' Spoonful

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-19-2008 10:11 PM

longbdrdr Guest

Default Re: Trend Suite + ZA Suite = no way

Thanks for the response.
    I'll read up.

Thread Information