Thread: Streaming audio blocked

martinlest Guest

Default Streaming audio blocked

I am trying to listen to streamed audio. I get as far as Windows presenting me with an .m3u file to open or save, but from there I get server error messages and told to check proxy settings.

If I close Zone Alarm down completely, the all goes OK and I get the audio stream, but with ZA running, nothing but server error messages, even when I set the Internet & Trusted Zone Security both to 'Off'.

I've configured ZA for my local network, and am fairly familiar with how to set things up, but I am at a loss here. Hope someone can advise,

Thanks,

Martin

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

martinlest Guest

Default Re: Streaming audio blocked

Alert property Alert property value Technical explanation
    Lock Level Lock Not Engaged Internet and network connections permitted by your ZoneAlarm settings are not blocked by a lock setting.
    Trusted Zone Security Level Medium This ZoneAlarm setting enforces application privileges and Internet Lock settings, leaving your computer visible to other computers in the Trusted Zone. It does not block file or printer shares (NetBIOS) or operating system traffic to and from the Trusted Zone.
    Trusted Zone Servers Servers Allowed Computers in your ZoneAlarm Trusted Zone are not prevented from connecting to server programs running on your computer.
    Internet Zone Security Level High This ZoneAlarm setting blocks access from the Internet Zone to file and printer shares (NetBIOS) and other operating system services. Ports not currently in use by a program are blocked and are not visible to the Internet Zone. This Security Level also enforces application privileges and Internet Lock settings.
    Internet Zone Servers Servers Allowed Computers in your ZoneAlarm Internet Zone are not prevented from connecting to server programs running on your computer.
    Packet Direction Incoming The packet that caused the alert was sent from a computer located somewhere on the Internet or on your network. It was being sent to your computer.
    Zone Internet Zone This ZoneAlarm zone contains all the computers and networks in the world that are connected to the Internet, until you explicitly define them as members of another zone.
    Operating system Windows XP-5.1.2600-Service Pack 2-SP Version of operating system running on your computer.

martinlest Guest

Default Re: Streaming audio blocked

Pressed the tab key and that mess posted itself - may be useful though, it is the "ZoneAlarm security enforcement at time of alert" data. Sorry it's hard to put in order..

M.

Thread Information