Thread: BBC IPlayer

tonylro Guest

Default BBC IPlayer

Hi
    I have installed the BBC IPlayer but ZA won't let it work.
    It was initially blocking the javasript working even though I had authorised it for their site www.bbc.co.uk. By allowing java on all sites the website works, however it will not download as I get a "Servers are bsuy try later" message when I try to download.
    If I turn off ZA it downloads fine, and I can then turn it back on again once its started. But I can't figure out what setting to change to let it download without turning it off.
    Any clues?
    Thanks
    Tony

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: BBC IPlayer

<blockquote><hr>tonylro wrote:
    Hi
    I have installed the BBC IPlayer but ZA won't let it work.
    It was initially blocking the javasript working even though I had authorised it for their site www.bbc.co.uk. By allowing java on all sites the website works, however it will not download as I get a &quot;Servers are bsuy try later&quot; message when I try to download.
    If I turn off ZA it downloads fine, and I can then turn it back on again once its started. But I can't figure out what setting to change to let it download without turning it off.
    Any clues?
    Thanks
    Tony

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Tony,If you are still reading this thread - I don't have BBC IPlayer, but one thought is to check the Program control permissions for BBC IPlayer - that may be what is preventing it from working.
    Another thought is to give the sight you're trying to download from all green checks in the privacy settings list.
    Another thought is add it to trusted zone in the firewall.
    Depending upon which browser you are using you may need to add it to the browser's trusted sites.
    Findley

bob_l Guest

BBC iPlayer uses a program named Delivery Manager Service at C:\program Files\Kontiki\ Kservice.exe - which requires Server Rights in the Internet Zone.
    You may need to configure ZoneAlarm Program Control to allow server rights for this program.

tonylro Guest

Thank guys

Got it with server rights etc and made it a trusted site in IE.

Still tells me BBC servers are busy if ZA is on, but as soon as I turn it off downloading starts, and if I restart ZA immediately the download continues. Can't think of anything else to change. I'll try the BBC.

Thanks again.

Thread Information