Thread: How to give SCardProgram permission to change registry setting

tiramizu Guest

Default How to give SCardProgram permission to change registry setting

I
    hope someone can help me here. I've activated Advanced Program Control, Application Interaction Control, Component Control and Program Control is set to Maximum. I've tried to give SCardProgram (PCard; a safety smart card from Acer that gives access to the machine) all rights, but as long as Program Control is not set to Auto, it always asks for permission to change registry setting shortly after booting. Does anybody know how to give the program the permission to do so, avoiding the question every time I boot?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: How to give SCardProgram permission to change registry setting

Dear tiramizu:

I'm assuming you meant Program Control was set to High and SmartDefense Advisor was set to Auto.

Find the program in the program list. Click Program Control panel, Programs tab, and scroll down the list. Once you locate the SCardProgram, click under Trust Level and give it 3 green bars(Super). That should do it. If it still presents an alert, right click the entry in the Programs tab, click Remove, reboot, and when the alert comes up again, put a checkmark in the checkbox, Remember this setting, before clicking the Allow button.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

tiramizu Guest

Default Re: How to give SCardProgram permission to change registry setting

Thanks WATCHER. Removing and allowing it again did the trick.

Thread Information