Thread: Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

gambist Guest

Default Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

I installed the free Vmware-Server. After installation I could run that software but after reboot of the computer I cannot acces VMware-Server for handling ir installing vitual machines. The host (my computer) refused to access VMware-Server. Since many people run VMware-Server without problems I think it may be the Zonealarm that refuses the access of VMware Server to my computer.

Is there any possible solution in configuring Zonealarm?

Wolfgang

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

pfaulstich Guest

Default Re: Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

I'm having the exact same problem.
    I am running the latest version of ZA and
    the latest version of VMware Server on my host, have set the VMware Virtual Ethernet Adaptors to be in the trusted zone, but I still cannot access the internet from any of my VM's.
    When I turn ZA off, the VMs can reach the internet with no problem.

wuulfgar Guest

Default Re: Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

Let me just add myself to this list. I'm running Kubuntu 8.04 with the latest free VMWare Server on an HP laptop. I used VMWare's Converter to make my live, original XP install a VM and now I have it loaded under VMWare Server while running Kubuntu (it.is.the.coolest.thing.ever.). But I'm leery about running 'naked' even in the VM. I'm naturally connected to the internet to keep my programs and what not up-to-date so I'd like to have ZA running while I'm running Windows (which I hope to be doing less and less but still, it'll happen).

I'm going to have to investigate setting up Microsoft's built-in firewall so I at least have some protection, but it'd be nice if ZA could play nice with a VM.

Thread Information