Thread: Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

gambist Guest

Default Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

I installed the free Vmware-Server. After installation I could run that software but after reboot of the computer I cannot acces VMware-Server for handling ir installing vitual machines. The host (my computer) refused to access VMware-Server. Since many people run VMware-Server without problems I think it may be the Zonealarm that refuses the access of VMware Server to my computer.

Is there any possible solution in configuring Zonealarm?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

pfaulstich Guest

Default Re: Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

I'm having the exact same problem.
    I am running the latest version of ZA and
    the latest version of VMware Server on my host, have set the VMware Virtual Ethernet Adaptors to be in the trusted zone, but I still cannot access the internet from any of my VM's.
    When I turn ZA off, the VMs can reach the internet with no problem.

wuulfgar Guest

Default Re: Is Zonealarm blocking VMware-Server?

Let me just add myself to this list. I'm running Kubuntu 8.04 with the latest free VMWare Server on an HP laptop. I used VMWare's Converter to make my live, original XP install a VM and now I have it loaded under VMWare Server while running Kubuntu ( But I'm leery about running 'naked' even in the VM. I'm naturally connected to the internet to keep my programs and what not up-to-date so I'd like to have ZA running while I'm running Windows (which I hope to be doing less and less but still, it'll happen).

I'm going to have to investigate setting up Microsoft's built-in firewall so I at least have some protection, but it'd be nice if ZA could play nice with a VM.

Thread Information