Thread: Anti-Virus - Anti-Spyware Allways out of date - Vista

alistairi Guest

Default Anti-Virus - Anti-Spyware Allways out of date - Vista

Just installed the latest Internet Security Suite on a Vista installed machine. Scanning for Spyware and Virus detection seems to be working okay, however ZoneAlarm status information all ways shows that I need to update my definitions. I tried switching between Manual and Automatic updates and it makes no difference. If I try a manual update then it does a very brief net access and still indicates updates are still required.

If I also look at the Windows Security Center then it also shows that ZoneAlarm indicates that Antivirus reports are out of date, and that ZoneAlarm provides no methods to initiate an update from the Windows Security Center. It also fails to show any indication that ZoneAlarm is proving any spyware protection in addition to Windows Defender.

Does the current version (7.1.248) actually support Windows Security Center, especially in terms of proving methods to initiate an Update and display Spyware status, or can I expect that to provide at the next update.

Alistair

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Anti-Virus - Anti-Spyware Allways out of date - Vista

Hi!something gone terribly wrong with the install...The AV/AS should be able to install updates without problems.Did you remove your previous security tools? Some of them (e.g. norton) can mess up both network connection and windows security center reporting.I would suggest you completely remove ZA following this instruction:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlEnsure any previous security tools is removed, clean your system and registry (with, for example, ccleaner.com) and then once everything work as it should try to install back ZASS.Please note that ZASS does not play nice with many security tools, including spyware doctor, other antiviruses and spyware tools (apart from windows defender). So ensure they are removed before installing ZA. Also note that ZASS does not support 64bit version of VISTA. Double check that internet explorer setting in IE are not set to use any proxy server.Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

alistairi Guest

Thanks,

That appeared to resolve the update process as both Anti-Virus and Spyware update requests downloaded the latest updates and the status for both is now Green. Also Windows Security Center is now reporting everything Green, although it still only reports Windows Defender as providing Malware support.

For my initial install I still had the original version of Norton Security that was pre-installed when I got the computer last month, although I had never activated it as I have a router in the way. I think I uninstalled that after the ZoneAlarm install.

Alistair

Hi!
    if you had Norton you may want to still run their removal tool to ensure all is gone from your system.
    I guess windows defender not showing is due to something messed up by Norton. Have you checked that windows defender is active and turned on?

Run this tool:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information