Thread: ZoneAlarm Block iPhone

bongbongsan Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Block iPhone

i am using Windows Vista with my 1.1.2 iPhone & iTunes 7.5

iTunes cannot detect my iPhone when i plug it via the USB cable to my computer, while Vista can detect it and i can access the photos inside iPhone with the link my computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\100APPLE.

the interesting fact is that when i turn off the "program control" (a function in my firewall, ZoneAlarm). iTunes can then detect the iPhone can they can sync(ringtones, music, contacts successfully get into iphone)!

if i switch on the &quot;prgram control&quot; in zonealarm after they sync, disconnect iphone and reconnect it, an error message will be shown, something like &quot;iTunes cannot connect to iPhone <strike>^2</strike>, unknown error (0xE8000001)&quot;

if you know what happening, please HELP!!!
    thanks for your time!!!

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

notvalid Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Block iPhone

I tried today to upgrade my iPhone from ver. 2.2.1 to ver. 3.0. The upgrade didn't work; instead, I got stuck in a loop where the the phone also wouldn't restore, and I was left with a useless iPhone.

I remembered seeing / experiencing a problem with Windows Vista (I'm using WinVista Home Premium w/SP 2) where Windows Update locked up and ZoneAlarm was installed and working. To solve THAT problem, I un-installed ZoneAlarm. Windows Update was then able to function normally.

Remembering that, I un-installed ZoneAlarm. i-Tunes was able to complete the software upgrade with no problems.

Personal opinion: this un-install / re-install is not a very elegant way to manage software upgrades to the PC or other devices.

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..1.) you using a Very Old Version Of ZoneAlarm for Vista 7.1.. (that has lots of Bugs since it was the First release of ZA for Vista..Upgrading to the ZAFree ver. 8.0.400.020 may fix you compadibility problems..The simplest procedure is to :2.)Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlI have ZA Extreme Security running on Vista Ultimate Sp2, and have no Problems or Coflicts with Itunes and my BlackBerry Storm 9530 3G Phone..3.) Makes Sure that your Iphone and ITune software has Trusted Privilages in ZA Program control..---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:987062640
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6125
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Computer WinXP SP3 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:987062640
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6125
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tkt Guest

I had the same problem.. but didn't need to uninstall ZoneAlarm.. I simply shut it down and continued the installation (or restoration) of the V3.0 OS for Iphone...
    The problem I have now is that ZoneAlarm often interferes with the synchronization of the iphone.. and I have to shut down ZoneAlarm during the process, otherwise synchronization fails..

Are there any ports/programs I need to configure in ZoneAlarm to manage this issue?

Make sure that All Related Files and Programs used to Synconize the Iphone or Update the Iphone have 3 Green Check marks from the Left side in ZoneAlarm Program Control/Program sectionThere may be 4 or five Programs that need this done to them..I use a BlackBerry Storm 3G Phone and there are Nine (9) different Files in ZA Program Control that Need Full Internet and Trusted Access..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

trustthreeinone Guest

Background &amp; Quick Rant
    I
    encounter
    this issue each time I upgrade or restore
    my iPhone.
    Shutting down ZoneAlarm AND/OR trusting all the
    Apple SW app
    that I could find
    never worked on my system.
    Instead each time I had to de-install ZA, reboot, upgrade/restore iPhone, re-install ZA, reboot.
    Not only is
    this process time consuming, but it leaves my system protected only by
    Windows Firewall
    while
    ZoneAlarm is unintalled!
    This is EXTREMELY frustrating.
    Possible Solution/Additional
    Step to Consider (discovered today)

ADD Ports 80 &amp; 443 for sites:
    phobos.apple.com, albert.apple.com, gs.apple.com.

Unlike prior restores, deinstalling ZA alone did not allow for the iPhone 3.0 SW install.
    I had
    to add these exceptions under Windows Firewall before the install would continue.
    ZA Request
    Perhaps, ZA could work with Apple on creating
    a list all of troubleshooting steps including a)
    which Apple SW to trust and to what level, b) which ports to open/authorize, etc.
    Thanks.

System Info:
    Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalService Pack 3 v.3264iTunes 8.2

Thread Information