Thread: Zone Alarm doesn't start at bootup

Hybrid View

poppadee Guest

Default Zone Alarm doesn't start at bootup

Hi,I'm new to the forum. Never had a reason to be here before.Anyway, to my problem. I'm using Vista. A few days ago I did some system maintenance. All I did was remove a couple of programs, empty the trash bin, ran Spybot, and a defrag. Since then Zone Alarm no longer starts at boot up. I can go and manually start it without a problem. It runs and behaves normally. This really wouldn't be a problem except that my wife can't seem to remember to start Zone Alarm manually and that kinda scares me. I've tried pinning Zone Alarm to the start up but still no soap. This shouldn't be a big deal, I just don't want to go dinking around and cause a bigger problem.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm doesn't start at bootup

Dear Poppadee:

Please check the Overview panel, Preferences tab, and in the General section, make sure the option, Load ZoneAlarm Pro at startup, is checked. This will put an entry in the Registry subkey:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

naivemelody Guest

Another thing you can do, is to verify Windows firewall is 'not running' - there have been a few cases where it appears to be disabled, but when re-checked - it was still on and caused some conflicts. Windows firewall should be dis-abled.

poppadee Guest

I checked the Windows firewall. It was off. I was using AVG free edition but have removed that to avoid any conflict. I appreciate your help
    Thanks

poppadee Guest

This was the problem. I certainly appreciate your help. Now I don't have to worry about my wife using the computer and the internet.
    Thanks

Thread Information