I just noticed that in ZA Program Control LSA Shell (Export Version) was added automatically (without notifying me), with green check marks in both the Access-Trusted and Access-Internet (and ?'s in the Server-Trusted and Server-Internet). It didn't ask to allow it, it just did it (and I happened to notice).

I'm not sure when it happened, but I was just at the library using their free wifi (which comes up in the Internet Zone, *not* the Trusted Zone, as it should) and when I checked my ZA Program Control, that's when I noticed it. I freaked out a bit and just immediately removed it from the ZA Program Control. But I do recall that the details of it did say Microsoft and I also did a search of my computer for lsass.exe and only one comes up in the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder (which is where it's supposed to be).

Any ideas what this is about? (It's never come up before when using the wifi at the library, or dial-up at home -- though I do recall it popping up from time to time on my old computer, and I always just removed it...) Thoughts?

Also, is there a log somewhere that will show it getting added and what it was doing?

Thanks!

(Please note my OS and ZA version below...)

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:6.5
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)