Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did ZA allow LSA Shell (Export Version) to be automatically added w/Access-Trusted/Internet

Default Why did ZA allow LSA Shell (Export Version) to be automatically added w/Access-Trusted/Internet

If nothing showed in the logs, then the lsass.exe never made a connection. Yes that simple.

If you use the ZA paid versions the logging is more extensive and includes much more details along with many controls of applications and enhanced networking features. Unfortunately the ZA Free does not.

If windows activated the lsass.exe, it will be seen in the Event Viewer logs found in the Administrative Tools.

Actually I have no questions concerning this thread. just some answers. I thought you asked the question?

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 02-16-2008 04:19 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

bloomcounty Guest

Default Re: Why did ZA allow LSA Shell (Export Version) to be automatically added w/Access-Trusted/Internet

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    If windows activated the lsass.exe, it will be seen in the Event Viewer logs found in the Administrative Tools.

Actually I have no questions concerning this thread. just some answers. I thought you asked the question?

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 02-16-2008 04:19 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

No listing, as I said, in the ZA logs. I just looked through the various logs in Event Viewer and didn't see it either though. Where would it be exactly?

Just to note, you asked me these questions:

&quot;Did it actually &quot;popup&quot; or was this merely added to the ZA program list.&quot;

&quot;The real question remains if the lsass.exe actually did make any outbound connections or did windows just activate the lsass.exe when started at the open wireless lan and the ZA simply recognized the event.&quot;

So that's what I was answering. Maybe they were rhetorical...

Anyways, let me know where I can find the entry in Event Viewer -- thanks!

Default Re: Why did ZA allow LSA Shell (Export Version) to be automatically added w/Access-Trusted/Internet

You will have to check the Event Viewer. I can not see it from over here.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

bloomcounty Guest

<hr></blockquote>

I did... I did not see an entry for it... Thoughts?

Thanks.

<blockquote><hr>bloomcounty wrote:
    <hr></blockquote>

I did... I did not see an entry for it... Thoughts?

Thanks.
    <hr></blockquote>

You may not see an entry directly for the lsass.exe, although you will have to open each item in the time and date of the occurance. It may not be obvious as "this is the lsass.exe" in the event viewer. It could be an indirect item - anything from ipsec to some com event or rpc event. And a lot of othere things. Or ian entry dependant on the lsass.exe and items the lsass.exe depends on.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

bloomcounty Guest

Okey-doke... I'll just let it go. Probably nothing to worry about. Thanks for the help, as always.

bloomcounty Guest

Default Thanks, everyone!

Thanks to everyone who posted. I appreciated the help/advice/etc. Have a great weekend.

Default Re: Thanks, everyone!

Thanks bloomcounty. You are welcome.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information