Thread: Can not access pocketpc after installing ZA

schildr Guest

Default Can not access pocketpc after installing ZA

I'm running Vista Ultimate and after installing ZA (7.1.248) I can not access my pocketpc device when I connect it to the USB cable. Also Windows Mobile Device Center will not access the device. Does anyone have step by step instructions on what I need to setup/change?

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

ccrespo Guest

Default Re: Can not access pocketpc after installing ZA

Hi,

Same problem here.
    ZaSS 7.1.248.000, Windows Vista Business, QTek S200.

I checked COMPONENT CONTROL, but it doesn't work.

Is there any one that has managed to work with this?

TIA,

C.Crespo

nefariouskn Guest

Default Re: Can not access pocketpc after installing ZA

I had similar problems with my HTC Touch Diamond mobile phone. The device runs Windows Mobile 6.1 and I run the free edition of ZoneAlarm v8.0.
    To get it working I downloaded and installed the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center and added the following to the ZA settings;
    1) Under Firewall... Zones - I made the Windows Mobile Subnet a trusted Zone. I could not modify the active adapter subnet and as soon as I unplugged the phone the adapter subnet was deleted so I added the subnet manually. I'm not convinced that this set was strictly speaking necessary as it didn't fix the problem on its own. I left it in place as there seemed to be no risk in doing so.
    2) Under Program Control... Programs - I added Windows Mobile Device Center (C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\wmdc.exe) and Windows Mobile Device Center Sync Host (C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\WmdHost.exec) permitting them in all four columns.
    My HTC Touch Diamond now syncs fine.
    I spent several hours over a number of days bashing my head against a brick wall and following numerous dead end links to help pages before I got it working, so I hopefully this information
    will help a few people out.
    Keith

Thread Information