Thread: ZASS prevents Acronis True Image v.11 from working

oggi Guest

Default ZASS prevents Acronis True Image v.11 from working

Hello
    Can anyone advise if there is a way of configuring ZASS to avoid conflicting with Acronis TI? At the moment ZASS causes Acronis TI to slow down to the point of being almost unusable (it takes approx 23 minutes for Acronis to initialise ie open fully).

I know the problem is related to ZASS because if I uninstall ZASS then Acronis works perfectly. I have already selected 'Super' Trusted in Program Control for Acronis's 5 entries in the Programs list. I am running Windows XP, with 2 SATA and 1 IDE hard drives, and have no other problems/software conflicts.

Has anyone else come across this issue and is there a solution (apart from the obvious of dropping either programme)?
    Many thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS prevents Acronis True Image v.11 from working

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Oggi wrote:
    Hello
    Can anyone advise if there is a way of configuring ZASS to avoid conflicting with Acronis TI? At the moment ZASS causes Acronis TI to slow down to the point of being almost unusable (it takes approx 23 minutes for Acronis to initialise ie open fully).

I know the problem is related to ZASS because if I uninstall ZASS then Acronis works perfectly. I have already selected 'Super' Trusted in Program Control for Acronis's 5 entries in the Programs list. I am running Windows XP, with 2 SATA and 1 IDE hard drives, and have no other problems/software conflicts.

Has anyone else come across this issue and is there a solution (apart from the obvious of dropping either programme)?
    Many thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

I'm using Acronis True Image Ver. 10.4942 on WinXP SP2 with ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.462.000 and two 200GB Sata HDD and a 320GB WD External HD..

In program Control/Program Tab I have Given all of the Acronis Entries Super Trusted Three Bars and two Green Check Marks for Trusted and Internet Access..

it take about 10 Seconds to bring up Acronis and start a Backup Image file..

I have Acronis True Image ver. 11 installed on my VistaUltimate Computer with ZASS 7.1.248.000 and 2 400GB SATA HDD.. with no problem it takes 5 Seconds to load and get started with TI..

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite Beta version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947367420
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3535
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

oggi Guest

Thanks GeorgeV for your prompt response - much appreciated.

However, your reply - although helpful - makes me even more frustrated as it appears I have configured ZASS just as you have and have much the same setup as yours.

Despite much to-ing and fro-ing and with full details of my entire system, Acronis support have not been able to suggest anything other then uninstalling ZASS.

Any other ideas, anybody please?

mastered Guest

Been having the same problem with true image 2009. Thought I would let you know that the fix I found via the Acronis forum is to switch the service &quot;Distributed Link Tracking Client&quot; to manual and reboot. Not a ZA problem as such.

zaswing Guest

I was going to suggest the same thing as mastered.
    No reason to implicate ZA nor TI really.
    The Distributed Link ... service can make just the startup of TI slow because it, or whatever, is trying to make sure links in your docs are working even if they go to shared drives or someplace which all needs to be coordinated.
    How one would imagine that ZA is involved, or that with ZA shut off it's faster I can't understand, since on my system ZA has never interfered, though I only see 2 Acronis entries not 5.
    That said, before doing any serious image or backup, I disconnect from the internet, I shut off whatever firewall is running and make a backup just to keep things as quiet as possible - it maybe just me, but I save 2-3 minutes from a backup routine of 15-10 or so when AV not running - kida trivial isn't it?

Thread Information