Thread: Tablet being partially blocked by Zonealarm!

beach_chair Guest

Default Tablet being partially blocked by Zonealarm!

Hello.

I recently bought a tablet for my PC. It connects via USB. The problem is that my PC just won't recognise the tablet as a tablet. It thinks it's a mouse. Because of this, none of the tablet features such as scrolling etc. work. I disabled Zonealarm and suddenly the tablet is recognised and the cursor changes, as it should.

I've been through all my Program settings in Zonealarm and changed all the ones I can find relating to my tablet to trusted, but this hasn't helped.
    I want to draw online and obviously don't want to keep having to switch off Zonealarm to do it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Tablet being partially blocked by Zonealarm!

<blockquote><hr>Beach_chair wrote:
    Hello.

I recently bought a tablet for my PC. It connects via USB. The problem is that my PC just won't recognise the tablet as a tablet. It thinks it's a mouse. Because of this, none of the tablet features such as scrolling etc. work. I disabled Zonealarm and suddenly the tablet is recognised and the cursor changes, as it should.

I've been through all my Program settings in Zonealarm and changed all the ones I can find relating to my tablet to trusted, but this hasn't helped.
    I want to draw online and obviously don't want to keep having to switch off Zonealarm to do it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Try resetting the ZA database and see if that helps:
    [*]Boot your computer into the Safe Mode[*]Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder[*]Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder[*]Clean the Recycle Bin[*]Reboot into the normal mode[*]ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Then make sure the ZA Program Control slider is set to Low or Medium for training the ZA for the tablet and other things.

Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information