Hello:

After installing Windows XP SP 3 this morning, I find six entries in my ZAISS OS Firewall logs which state that a program called : "Fix CCS MaxSubkeyName mismatch " had attempted to alter ZAISS registry entries and was blocked. I do see this program listed in the ZAISS programs list, with no Trust Level assigned by Smart Defense and only ? marks next to all the permissions.

This is a Windows Software Distribution program. Apparently it was trying to "correct" some registry entries of ZAISS during the installation process of SP3 this morning. There are six such entries about attempts to alter six ZA registry keys.

I'll copy n paste two such entries from my OS Firewall logs below. Should I give this program a high confidence level and find a way to allow it to fix those registry entries? If so how do I do that?

Or, was this blocking of attempted registry changes desirable?

Thanks in advance:

-Eliuri

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3
ZAISS 7.0.470.000

===========================================

Description Fix CCS MaxSubkeyName mismatch was prevented from changing the settings of ZoneAlarm Security Suite by modifying the registry key: HKCS\SERVICES\VSMON
Rating High
Date / Time 2008/05/07 07:04:14-4:00 GMT
Type Registry
Subtype Unknown
Data HKCS\SERVICES\VSMON
Program C:\WINDOWS\SOFTWAREDISTRIBUTION\Download\DD9AB5193 501484CF5E6884FA1D22F9E\update\fixccs.exe
Action Taken Blocked (once)
Count 1

------------------------------------------------------
Description Fix CCS MaxSubkeyName mismatch was prevented from changing the settings of ZoneAlarm Security Suite by modifying the registry key: HKCS\SERVICES\VSMON
Rating High
Date / Time 2008/05/07 07:04:14-4:00 GMT
Type Registry
Subtype Unknown
Data HKCS\SERVICES\VSMON
Program C:\WINDOWS\SOFTWAREDISTRIBUTION\Download\DD9AB5193 501484CF5E6884FA1D22F9E\update\fixccs.exe
Action Taken Blocked (once)
Count 1

Operating System:
Windows XP Pro
Software Version:
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by eliuri on 05-07-2008 05:45 PM