After reading the help file, i am more confused.
Am running ZASS 470, kinda new to the program
... and in an attempt to login to the site (SecondLife) ... login
ceases after ZA prompts are given access (allow) ... just prior to completing login.

my daughter sent a link with SL support info that's mostly foreign to me.
I kinda understand what to do, just not how to do it.
Following is
the info from the link, could someone please tell me how to open this door without letting a bunch of "other" stuff in too.

Just resolved an "infectious" problem (not linked to this site) and don't wanna go there, again.
i'm not even Sure which zone this applies to ... i think the internet zone, but i'm learning and just not sure.
thanks in advance for all your help !!!

Ok
... this is the excerpt from the "support instructions" related to Second Life ...
Hardware firewalls need to allow access on certain network ports. Second Life needs to connect to ports

443/TCP, 12035/UDP, 12036/UDP, 12043/TCP, and 13000-13050/UDP. You should configure your firewall to allow
outbound traffic on those ports, and related inbound traffic. You'll need to consult your firewall's documentation,
or the manufacturer's website, for instructions on how to make these changes to your firewall.
As of Version 1.13.2, released Jan. 10th, 2007, you may need to enable UDP/TCP in order to access Second Life.
I am afraid if i open the ports through the "custom" option, this will allow any and all traffic on these ports ... i'd prefer to restrict the traffic to SL only ... if that's possible through creating expert rules ... any help would be greatly appreciated !
Again, thank you and try to remember, for me ... step by step instructions are necessary Granny Mouse

Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by granny_mouse on 05-18-2008 08:42 PM