Thread: home network

ricknowlin Guest

Default home network

I set up a home network. both the desktop and the laptop have Zone Alarm I have cable Internet and am using a wireless router. I used to turn on the laptop and see (Open) files on the desktop that I have shared. Now every time I turn on the laptop the desktop says Zone alarm blocked an intrusion. with the IP address of the laptop. What settings do I need to look at. The IP address of the laptop is in the trusted zone and I also changed it to internet zone.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: home network

Put the IP of each computer on the other in the trusted zone.
    Usually you don't even have to do it. I don't.
    Just put the entire home network in the trusted zone, something like 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 should be trusted.

There are other settings, but without details from you there's no point guessing.
    What does the 'intrusion' alert say. Exactly what does it say? the IP, protocol, application at least.

Besides 'intrusions" are you having problems with file sharing or not?

ricknowlin Guest

<blockquote><hr>zasuiteuser wrote:
    Put the IP of each computer on the other in the trusted zone.
    Usually you don't even have to do it. I don't.
    Just put the entire home network in the trusted zone, something like 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 should be trusted.

There are other settings, but without details from you there's no point guessing.
    What does the 'intrusion' alert say. Exactly what does it say? the IP, protocol, application at least.

Besides 'intrusions&quot; are you having problems with file sharing or not?
    <hr></blockquote>

I do have the ip address in the trusted zone. I just found that the trusted zone security got switched to high at some point. I put it to medium and seams to be ok.

Thank you for your support

agello Guest

nice idea. but it does not work for my network. i can only see my computer &quot;a&quot;.

Thread Information