Thread: ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.408 running somekind of scan on startup

capcos Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.408 running somekind of scan on startup

ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.408 running some kind of scan on computer startup. I can't find any OFF switch.

When I start up my computer, ZA seems to be doing SOMETHING for about 10 - 15 minutes. The vsmon.exe and the zlclient are BOTH using between 10% and 20% of the CPU during this time! I can't find any setting that says to run ANY KIND of scan on startup. Whatever it is - it is so intense that ANY contact with the ZA program is a dead end. Try to OPEN the control panel and just the outline of the panel shows up....

Anti-Spyware/Advanced options/Scan Schedule is unchecked and turned off. Nothing showing on the even viewer.

I can use the computer but about 30% of the CPU is in use by ZA.

PLEASE make it stop ;-)

XP operating system.

ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.408.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.408.000
    Driver version:7.0.408.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200711.2845

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

maircb Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.408 running somekind of scan on startup

Me too. Please make it stop

blueneezy Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.408 running somekind of scan on startup

Hi there
    I also have this problem
    It doesn't seem to be virus scan
    process is
    scanning.exe
    thanks
    Neil

maircb Guest

Hi Neil
    Got it sorted. You will need to go into your Zone Alarm settings and disable the seheduled scans. Completely. Next run the scans and it won't happen again.
    Try that and let me know if you have any more problems.
    Mark....

Thread Information