Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm is investigating the issue with Microsoft update KB951748

forum_moderator Guest

Default ZoneAlarm is investigating the issue with Microsoft update KB951748

We are investigating the issue with the MS update KB951748. For the time being we suggest you uninstall KB951748 until the issue has been resolved.We will post when we have more informationBest regards,Forum Moderator<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is investigating the issue with Microsoft update KB951748

Thank you!
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Than you for the Feedback..I have submitted my report of the Details on my WinXP SP3 Box with ZASS and how I was able to Duplicate the Error message to ZA Tech support..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:954772902
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200807.4215
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

forum_moderator Guest

Thank you for reporting.We will not need this reported to tech support by other users.We are fully aware of the issue.Forum Moderator

clhanssen Guest

I uninstalled Zone Alarm and want to reinstall it but how can I do that?

mpkb Guest

Default Found a workaround for this

&gt; we suggest you uninstall KB951748 until the issue has been resolved.
    The update doesn't show up under WinXP Add/Remove like other updates, so I am not sure how I can remove it.

Instead, I figured out a workaround that works for me. If I change the internet zone to Medium, everything works. I also customized Medium to check off all the blocks, so that it is Medium Plus. On my machines, it is Internet - High Security that is broken.

clhanssen Guest

Default Re: Found a workaround for this

How do I uninstall KB951748?

avon Guest

Your suggestion is
    to uninstall the MS patch KB951748.
    May I ask you, what it is better:To uninstall the MS patch or
    to leave
    the MS patch in place and change temporary the Internet Zone Security from High to Medium?

Thank you in advance,avon.

mdtaffet Guest

Default Tip: How to uninstall KB951748

Like others who use ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.470.000, I was also blocked from all internet access after the KB951748 Windows update was installed. I also didn't know how to uninstall KB951748 at first, until I read a reply on another board that contained the critical clue. When you go to Add or Remove Programs, make sure that the box next to &quot;Show updates&quot; is checked; this is an option which you will find at the very top of that screen. Only after you have checked &quot;Show updates&quot; will you be able to see, and therefore uninstall, KB951748; you should see it listed as part of an indented list under &quot;Windows XP - Software Updates&quot;. It will probably be towards the bottom of that indented list.

Following this method I was able to uninstall KB951748. Next I went to Microsoft Update and told it not to show me that update again, which keeps the little yellow shield from showing up in my task bar.

Once there is a fix for this issue, all I will need to do to get that update again is go back to Microsoft Update and tell it to restore hidden updates.

clhanssen Guest

Default Re: Tip: How to uninstall KB951748

Is removing the update the same as uninstalling it?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information