Thread: ZA repair update

malkajef Guest

Default ZA repair update

I've downloaded and installed the recent ZA Free update that repairs the internet problem caused by the Windows XP critical update - and it works.

Question: does what the ZA programmers were forced to do diminish in any way the firewall protection provided by ZA Free?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: ZA repair update

Hi!
    no, only adjusting ZA to accept legitimate packets to go out from the system.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I'd like to commend ZA for the speed with which they got this fixed :-)

nandrews Guest

I understand that ZoneLabs have released an update to overcome this recent big problem following Windows Update.It is in the British national media!So why when clicking on 'Check for Update' on my 7.0.473.000 it reports back that "System Up to date"!!!
    Nigel

Hi!only manual update here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.htmlI have no idea, for the rest of the question. Sorry.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

diverjer Guest

I ran zaSuiteSetup_70_483_000_en.exe 44,955KB size and it loaded the basic ZA, not the suite. I am downloading again and will try once again. I bet stuff is really screwed. I may do a restore (image) from last Friday.

diverjer Guest

Okay it worked on my second try. For some reason I get a message to try the suite, since I already have it I said no thanks on the first try. Well down in tiny print is a place to re-enter the license key. Strange, other upgrades it just finds it and I never re-enter the key. Well there was a bonus. It started out with 365 days??? Well that may have been for my third license computer which I never loaded. Maybe when I get time I will reload my laptop and just perhaps get another 365 days. I deserve it as I have had too many problems.

diverjer Guest

Now it won't update my spyware, something about parsing. Seems like an uninstall/reinstall. This MS update and ZA has become a pain and a real cluster of problems. Then the solution is clean uninstall? Some of have a life other than on the PC. I was better off using the free ZA and AVG.

Thread Information