Thread: Slow Application Startup

nhoeller Guest

Default Slow Application Startup

I am on a high latency (satellite) Internet connection. Applications sometimes take a long time to launch, even those that do not involve Internet access. In one example, a TCP/IP trace showed a lot of ZoneAlarm activity to http://pa2.zonelabs.com, in some cases over 300 packets. I assume ZoneAlarm is checking the security settings of the primary application as well as any call applications.

Is there a way to configure ZoneAlarm to disable this Internet activity for specific applications? I am running ZoneAlarm Pro 7.1.254.000 on Vista Ultimate.
    Thanks, Norbert

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Slow Application Startup

Hi!have you tried to turn OFF the smartdefence advisor under the ZA program control tab?This may create quite some adittional pop-up from ZA asking for allowance of programs to connect to internet or modifying your system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nhoeller Guest

Fax, that makes a HUGE difference. And no ZoneAlarm pop-ups.

What I don't understand is why SmartDefense Advisor is repeatedly being called for applications that I have been running for a while and have already been configured.
    Thanks, Norbert

You're welcome!yes, ZA check the central whitelist/blacklist software database.I gues the principle is something good or unknown today may be bad tomorrow... ZA, for security, always check software running on your system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information