Thread: Cannot uninstall part 2

ggski Guest

Default Cannot uninstall part 2

Okay, booted up the system in safe mode.
    Then when I try to uninstall I still get the message the True Vector Internet Monitor is in use by some other application... THERE ARE NO OTHER APPLICATIONS RUNNING ON THE MACHINE IN SAFE MODE........
    How can I get this corrupt version of software off my system ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Cannot uninstall part 2

Here is a List of the Most common User problems..a.) The first thing a Hacker, Trojan or Virus tries to do if they infect your computer or gain access to your Computer, thru an Email Attachment or pop-up on a Website or user over-ridding the Security alerts by the firewall, is to shutdown, any Firewall, AV/AS.. that is why some users have problems updating ZoneAlarm or any other security program..vsmon.exe/TrueVector is the first thing that loads when your computer stats to boot up, the ZA tray Icon is just a Icon that loads later in the Boot-up.. and TrueVector /vsmon.exe is the last thing to shutdown when your computer shuts down to insure that your computer is always protected..That is why in "Load ZoneAlarm on startup in not Un-checked" and computer Rebooted, Truevector will stay in Memory and will not be removed during Install or Upgrade, in fact the install may fail because Truevector in an attempt to protect your computer will think that the New Install attempt to install a new version of Truevector may be a Hacker Attempting to shut down Truevector..That is why it is Important to use the Un-Check "Start ZA on Startup" method so that a New Upgrade Copy of trueVector/vsmon.exe can bee installed..b.) some Computer Users think that if one Firewall and anti-Virus is good, two or three different ones running at the same time must be better? Here is the Official Full Uninstall Method to use when all else fails..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:956653710
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4335 <== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ggski Guest

I would like to try the if all else fails process, but there is no zone alarm icon in the systray for me to click on... Yet I can't even uninstall it from the programs option or from the control panel remove option.

I have downloaded a copy of the upgrade software to my laptop (not using zone alarm on it, standard windows firewall)
    and am going to port it over to the desktop and try to run an upgrade to see if I can get the software to even work again.
    Then I will see what to do next.

Hopefully I can fake out the True Vector Monitor .
    Unless you have any other suggestions, I am open to just about anything right now, including chunking all these computers in the ditch and going backk to calculators and paper LOL.
    Gary G

You can try this in Safe Mode..remove these folders from your system:

"Internet Logs" (windows directory)
    "Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)
    "Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)

If you are not able to remove them, then boot in SAFE MODE and delete from SAFE MODE.

Now Try to install ZAP again and shutdown any security tools you are running before installing ZA.Accept the Default Settings, and Choose Trusted Zone and Not the Internet Zone..Then Check theses Files in the Prpgram Control Prpgram Area.. NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    1.Download the ZA 7.0.483installerpreferably with IE7 and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right) (Click the Red Download Now Button)ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAAS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

GeorgeV

ggski Guest

Finally got into safe mode and deleted all the files and folders mentioned.

System VERY VERY slow at boot up.
    but I guess I will try to install the download of ZAP

I am not very happy with the software and the problems it is causing .

I have wasted the entire evening trying to get the computer to work, just because of some software SNAFU with True Vector and Zone Alarm.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ggski wrote:
    Finally got into safe mode and deleted all the files and folders mentioned. System VERY VERY slow at boot up. but I guess I will try to install the download of ZAPI am not very happy with the software and the problems it is causing . I have wasted the entire evening trying to get the computer to work, just because of some software SNAFU with True Vector and Zone Alarm.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm Sorry your still unable to Remove ZAPro in Safe Mode..Thjat proceedure works well for most Users with a "Software Snafu"..Most Security Software is designed for Humand intervention, and can not prptect you from Human Mistakes.. Perhaps it is time that You Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support directly at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (Preferably with IR6 or IE7 Browser)Please give Tech Support all of the Deatils of your Computer Setup, OS, update Version of ZAPro, and any other Security Programs installed, and what you have tried to resoved the Problem..When you click on the "SUBMIT" button you should receive an Auto-generated confirmation Email with your Case number, withing 30 minutes or so, and a responce from Tech Support ASAP..Good Luck,,--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:956653710
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4335 &lt;== New Update
    GeorgeV

ggski Guest

Thanks for the input, I did get the thing to finally uninstall by booting up in safe mode and deleting all the files as suggested.

Now I have ZAP set to not start on startup.
    But don't you think that is a little contrary....... Turn off the firewall software until the system is up and the cable modem is active, then activate it.

Something is not right with the software to be causing these many problems requiring these many work arounds.
    Perhaps it's time to go back to just using the windows firewall.

Please Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support Directly at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably with IE7 Browser) as the Submit Button on the web-page works better with IE6 / IE7.. Please give them all the Details of your problem with ZAPro and what other Security Programs you have installed.. (This Service is Free for Customers with ZA License Keys)When you click the Submit button with IE7 it will send you an Auto-Generated Confirmation Email with your CASE Number withing 30 minutes or so, and a Reply from Tech Support ASAP..If you do not receive the Case Number Email, Tech Support will not get your Help Request..This could be caused by, the Reply being tossed into your Junkmail folder or Bounced by your ISP..(but that is Very Rare..)Good Luck..Please let us know what you find out from Tech Support..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.010.000 32-bit (BETA)
    TrueVector version:8.0.010.000
    Driver version:8.0.010.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:956725064
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4335
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000

TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:956725064

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 08-06-2008 05:55 PM
    GeorgeV