Thread: ZA ver 8 slow running

billmoxham Guest

Default ZA ver 8 slow running

Downloaded V8 and computer runs very slowlyWithdrew MS security fix and reloaded it but still same slownessReverted to ZA v7 and everything fine

Message Edited by billmoxham on 09-16-2008 11:27 AM

strifemit Guest

Default Re: ZA ver 8 slow running

This is also a problem for me. Ver8 is slowing down my machine almost to a standstill. THis doesn't happen all the time but when it does there is visible activity by ZoneAlarm. Ver7 never had this problem. Any ideas please?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>strifemit wrote:
    This is also a problem for me. Ver8 is slowing down my machine almost to a standstill. THis doesn't happen all the time but when it does there is visible activity by ZoneAlarm. Ver7 never had this problem. Any ideas please?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..VERY IMPORTANT: Please Report the details of your Problem Directly to ZA Tech Support for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably withIE Browser)The more Users that Report this AV/AS Update or Slow Shut Down problem directly to Tech Support, with their Details and what they did to try and resolve the issue, the Sooner Tech support will find a FIX for the problem..Tech Support may ask for your ZA Log Files, and tell you how to do that..---------------------------------------I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

yanniinacan Guest

I seem to have the same issue.
    I usually notice it when logging off one user and trying to log on as another in Windows XP.
    The user select screen is frozen for a while and my harddrive activity light is flashing like once every second or two... like it's going VERY slow.
    I have reported my problem.
    Hopefully we get a fix soon, aye?

Please read the Following Forum Link from the Moderator..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=81278
    GeorgeV

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

strifemit Guest

Hi
    I got a message saying there was a new message from you but I can't see it because it has been removed. I took up your suggestion and lodged my problem with support. They have had me going from pillar to post without any progress. They then asked me to execute something and send the details to them. I did and have heard nothing for two weeks. I have suffered with this software from day 1. My machine is slow, it doesn't allow me to manage update times which causes me heaps of problems and they refuse to refund. I asked for one out of frustration because I have an unacceptable situation and the product doesn't perform as promised. Is ver7 still recommended? I have never had ver7 so how would I revert back to it. WHat can I do because my experience has been a disaster and perhaps you can understand why I am frustrated. I guess I could write to every magazine reporting the problem.
    Lance

I'm sorry to hear that your having a problem with Version 8.0..I have install Version 8.0 on 4 of my Computers error Free..Here is the Link to older versions of ZoneAlarm..The simplest procedure is to:1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browwserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right) ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAAS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4. Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..Please note that ZASS does not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS issues remove them and install back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example, spyspweeper, spyware doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threatfire, otherantivirus, antispyware, registry locking tools, etc...============================================ ==========There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/chat/ click on Live Chat Icon (ask for a Refund)ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965764844
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5015
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.059.000
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965764844
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV