Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems getting into Temp Internet File Folder

lattegirl Guest

Default Problems getting into Temp Internet File Folder

Hi ! I just downloaded ZoneAlarm, paid for the 1 year as having been told much better than Norton. However I was trying to download AVG anti virus and when it gets to a certain part, states Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I downloaded the free version of AVG but I think that was before I had ZoneAlarm on my system because it gave me no problem. I just tried to access Acrobat Reader and I am getting the same error message so that doesn't work. I am using Windows XP Home Edition and my computer is set to receive automatic updates so I have the latest upgrades to it. Hopefully I can re-adjust settings somewhere to adjust this problem but I don't want to do anything I am not sure of since this is a new program. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Problems getting into Temp Internet File Folder

Hi!why not going directly to ZA suite with its own antivirus?Much better than AVG.... IMOGo to ZA privacy tab and turn OFF cookies, adblocking and mobile code control.Does it work now?Remember: only ONE firewall and only ONE antivirus should be installed on your systemSee the below link to adjust privacy settings:http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lattegirl Guest

Thank you for the quick reply but I just checked those items and they are all in the "off" mode.
    I had read that Zone Alarm firewall with AVG anti virus worked well together so this is why I switched from Norton. I did purchase the AVG also so maybe next year I will do all Zone Alarm but yes I also know you can only
    have 1 firewall and 1 anti virus on
    a computer. Anything else I can try to fix this? I must say I am a bit scared with Zone Alarm as I never had this issues with Norton when it was used. I really do appreciate
    your help!!

Hi!I would remove ZA, check that everything works as it should and then reinstall it.To remove ZA follow the instruction below:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html(remove the folders mentioned at the end of the document and keep note of your ZA license)Re-download the ZA PRO installer from here:www.zonealarm.com/zapdownload/Install with default settings...Cheers,Fax

lattegirl Guest

Should I un-plug my internet connection when I do that as I will not have a firewall up on my system?

lattegirl Guest

I just remembered I can activate the Windows Firewall but I know I can't have 2 on at once. Just don't want to have any problems with the system........I had one hard drive fry last year..........

Hi!if your XP is fully patched with latest updates there is basically NO risk....If your system is not patched, you should update it, its essential.Also double check that AVG has no features similat to firewall that will conflict with ZA.I don't use AVG, so, I don't know...Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-21-2008 04:29 PM

lattegirl Guest

Hello!!Such a stressful 2 days it has been trying to figure this out !!!
    I assume you mean Windows updates......then yes it is updated automatically.....okay I guess I will try to remove it and re-install ...hopefully that will work. I will let you know. The AVG I purchased was just for the anit virus not the firewall version and when I purchased the Zone Alarm I did the one with the firewall and spyware not the anti virus. Gosh, you really can't have a computer and not be a bit computer literate, can you ? Thanx again!!!

You're welcome!Hope it works... :8}Cheers,Fax

lattegirl Guest

Fax:
    THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !! :womanwink:
    And did I say " Thank you " !! It worked! I always forgot to re-install things if they do not work properly. Everything worked fine and I was able to install the AVG program.
    One other question for you since you are so Zone Alarm savy.......I had changed the ping settings before as when I ran the scan to check how secure the firewall was, it said it was able to get thru with the ping settings. Is this a big deal, should I re-adjust those again in the program or let the settings as they are. Everything else registered very well in regards to my firewall protection except for these "ping" things. It is the program on the GRC.com website to check your computer. I do appreciate all your help!! Made my Sunday !!!
    Lattegirl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information